1.25.2005

Conservative on Harper

Bob Ransford, BC 2004 Conservative Campaign Chairman on Stephen Harper and
same-sex marriage ...

"I'm not saying I disagree with Stephen Harper's position on gay marriage
or the position of most of the people within the party on that issue."

"I just don't think it's a priority. I don't hear people saying on the streets saying, 'Boy, I wish we would deal with the gay marriage issue."
He's (Stephen Harper) "out of touch" with Canadians' priorities by launching a high-profile campaign in Canada's ethnic media.

"We're going to be defined (by Tory opponents) as a party that only cares about the social agenda, and we don't understand that there's other issues that are resonating with Canadians and therefore we aren't capable of governing."

Vancouver Sun January 24, 2005

No comments: