2.24.2006

Well small town don't like it when somebody falls between sexes

I am gone until March 7, looking for a cowboy Willie talks about. Brokeback Mountain and Willie Nelson do it all for us...

There’s many a strange impulse out on the plains of West Texas;
There’s many a young boy who feels things he don’t comprehend.
Well small town don't like it when somebody falls between sexes,
No, small town don't like it when a cowboy has feelings for men.

Well I believe in my soul that inside every man there’s a feminine,
And inside every lady there’s a deep manly voice loud and clear.
Well, a cowboy may brag about things that he does with his women,
But the ones who brag loudest are the ones that are most likely queer.

Cowboys are frequently secretly fond of each other — What did you think those saddles and boots was about?
There’s many a cowboy who don’t understand the way that he feels towards his brother,
Inside every cowboy there's a lady who'd love to slip out. - The lyrics are here.

You just have to go to this video, Willie Nelson sings to me. He sings to all of us with this tune and though I always liked Willie, I sure as heck am a bigger fan today for singing this tune.

But the song and video is here . Thanks to Chimera's Cavern for this!

2 comments:

Chimera said...

Aha! You did find it! LOL! I was thinking of you while I was looking for it, hoping you'd pick it up and post it yourself.

I've always liked Willie Nelson, even in those times when I didn't like country music. There's just something fascinating about the "outlaw" side of him that lets him follow his own beat rather than dance to someone else's.

Havril said...

I liked the Lost Dakotas version the best.