10.18.2010

Justin Bieber may start anti-bullying effort

Justin Bieber will take a stand against bullying and homophobia after he was on the receiving end of a bigoted name this weekend. During a game of laser tag Friday evening in British Columbia, an overly aggressive player targeted Bieber which lead the singer to tell him, 'That's enough.' 'What are you gonna do about it, f*ggot?' the kid responded.

Bieber is telling friends he had no idea how hurtful these comments could be but even though he's a straight teenager, he now wants to take a stand against bullying and homophobia. Proud parenting has been told Bieber will be going public probably within the next week to lend his support to the anti-bullying campaign.

That's exciting news. Bieber's audience is big, his fan base is second to none. If he lends his voice to anti-bullying, I expect we will see a change.

Many young people are taunted at school. I am gay but did not know it when I was in school. My classmates seemed to know and did call me names and beat the crap out of me on more than a few occasions. I hated most of high school. To have had then Bieber like stars of the day, Michael Jackson and or Donny Osmond speak out would have helped.

You go Justin! Here's a rapping Justin

No comments: